ADMISSION AND WITHDRAWAL
The Management has a right to say on what criteria it will admit or retain a pupil in their school.
A new student joining from any recognised school can not be admitted without a Leaving certificate.
The parent or guardian of a new student joining from her home must produce an official Birth certificate, for e.g. municipal certificate in support of the Date of Birth entered in the admission form.
A month’s notice is required before the withdrawal of a child. Notice should be given by the person responsible for the pupil.
No leaving certificate will be issued until all school dues are paid.
A fee will be charged for Certificate of the Date of Birth as in the school register or an extract from the school register.
Every pupil must have a copy of the Hand book which should be brought to School daily.
PUPILS MUST BE IN THE SCHOOL PREMISES AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE CLASSES START. Running, playing or shouting inside the School building is never allowed and when classes get over or the end of each session, the pupils in due order and in silence should move along the corridors to the exits.
No present or any demonstration of honour to the teacher is allowed without previous consent of the school authorities. No collection for any purpose whatsoever is to be started without the previous permission of the Principal.
Any damage done in class or about the premises will have leaving certificate will be issued until all school dues are paid. to be made good. The decision of the Principal regarding the amount to be paid is final.
Pupils suffering from contagious or infectious disease will not be permitted to attend school.
Pupils are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings. It is not advisable for pupils to have money or valuable articles with them.
No books, newspaper, periodicals, or any other articles may be brought into the school premises without the consent of the school authorities.
Pupils are forbidden to take part or join any political or other organisation likely to result in violence or communal disturbances.
Every pupil should endeavour to keep up the high standard of the school, by excelling in good manners and deportment. Hence for the smooth running of the school no girl may bring into the school any article liable to prove as a source of disturbance.
The school accepts no responsibility if through failure in wearing school uniform or in bringing books to class or signature of parents on remarks written by teachers or on the absence record in the calendar, the pupil is obliged to return home during class hours. Even late comers may be sent home.
All students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. The school uniform is to be worn on all class days and for all public functions. A student if slovenly dressed or not in uniform may be sent home.
All home-work should be done neatly and the day’s work always dated.
Those who go home alone, should not loiter on the way but be prompt in returning home. Students are warned not to buy anything, especially eatables from street vendors. Parents should instruct their daughters regarding the same.
Students should behave in a lady-like manner wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. They should greet their teachers when they meet them.
No pupil may leave the school premises during working hours (including the short recess) without the written permission of the principal or written application from the guardian and countersigned by the principal.
Speaking in English for English medium students is compulsory within the School premises. Defaulters may be fined or punished.
- No leave of absence is granted except on previous written application from the parent or guardian and only for serious reasons.Absence without leave is liable to punishment either with fine or any other form at the Principal’s discretion.
- In case of absence without leave the student on returning to school must have the reason of absence entered and signed by the parent or guardianon the “Absence and Leave Record” in the Calendar without which the student will not be permitted to class.
- All students are expected to attend school on the re-opening day of each vacation. Absence for more than two class days renders the pupil’s name being struck off the rolls. Similarly no one is allowed to leave for vacations earlier than closing day.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than 10 consecutive days renders the student liable to be struck off the rolls.
- Non-Christian students will be allowed sectional holidays pertaining to their creed only on previous written application from their parents and not more than one such holiday will be granted in the same month.
- Attendance at official school functions like Teachers’ Day, Parents Day, Sports Day, Independence Day, Republic day, Educational tour etc. is compulsory. Absentees may be fined or penalised.
In order to secure all that is best in education, the maximum cooperation between parents and the school authorities is desired.
We earnestly recommend that Parents or Guardian. Should look into their child’s school homework books every day and see to it that the home work assigned for the next day is done. The child should be encouraged to cultivate discipline. The remarks on reports made in their Calendar should be seen and countersigned.
It is the duty of Parents to see that their children come to school clean, neatly dressed and in time for class.
APPLYING OF MEHENDI IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
PARENTS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO ENCOURAGE THEIR DAUGHTERS TO APPLY MEHENDI ON ANY OCCASION (Religious/Social)
Private tuitions are strongly discouraged. If your daughter is in real need of a Private tutor, consult the Principal. All private tuitions should end two weeks before the Final Examination. No tuitions may be taken from the teacher who teaches the student’s class.
A record of the address of parents & guardian is maintained in the school office & they are requested to communicate any change without delay. Parents & guardians are not allowed to see their children or teachers during school hours. They may see their teachers before or after the class only.
Note: If your Child is sick you must inform within 2 days of absence.
- Get Doctor’s Certificate.
- Attach your letter in duplicate to the above certificate.
- Enter the sick leave in the calendar leave record.
Submit all three above mentioned to the office immediately, or else the pupil will be marked absent. In any case the child will not be re-examined, or else the other rules of absence as above will be considered.
Rules relating to pupils of Stds. Vll & Vlll
There are two examinations held in the course of the year at the end of each term in October and in March.
Formative Evaluation – 40 marks. Pupils will be tested in B different tools.
Summative Evaluation – 50 marks written (theory) & 10 marks oral.
Every pupilis expected to obtain minimum Cl grade (51%) in everysubject.
Rules relating to pupils of Stds. IX & X
There are two examinations herd in the course of the year at the end of each term in october and in April. There shail be two unit tests. Marks for the year’s work to be given based on the average marks scored in Homework and Essays throughout the year. For the purpose of promotions, the marks secured by a siudent in each head of passing at the two semester examinations and the marks obtained at the two unit tests Including Home work, oral examinations etc. shail be added together and the average thereof shall be carcurated. student securing not ress tnan 55 percentof the marks intheyear, in each individualhead of passing shall be eligible for promotion to a higher standard after availing, if necessary, of the benefit of an automatic condonation of i 5 marks in one or more heads of passing, but not exceeding .,l0 marks in any one subject.
- A pupil failing for two years in succession wiil have to leave the school. (Grant in Aid Code Sec. Rules 5-6)
- Progress reports are issued after each unit test and examination. Parents are requested to take note of remarks.
- The Progress reports as well as the Final Examination Report will be withheld pending payment of fees due to the School, unless condonation has been obtained well in time.
- Pupils absent from an examination for any reason whatsoever will not be re-examined Those absent from an examination without a grave reason will be considered as having failed. Application for the verification of marks in special cases will be considered on the strength of year’s record.
- Absence in one or more subjects excludes the pupil from being reckoned
- in order to merit in the examination.
- No textbooks, note books or other papers are to be brought into the Examination Hall. Students found copying or using unfair means during the examination or discovered subsequently, will be given a zero in all subjects in that particular examination.
- Promotions are decided at a joint meeting of all the teachers concerned. The decision of the panel is therefore final and cannot be re-considered.
- All cases of doubt regarding promotions are left entirely to the discretion of the Principal and her decision will be final and cannot be re-considered.
- ln the case of the S.S.C. Examination, the Application Forms may be filled and fees may be received in advance for convenience only, and the school authorities reserve the right to withdraw the said form if the conduct or attendance of the pupil is found unsatisfactory.
- Application for the verification of marks in special cases will be considered at the discretion of the Principal.
Learning disability like dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia.
Note : ln case the child has learning disability, parents concerned should meet the Principal in person with a written application, to obtain the required letter for the child to be taken for the medical examination at the following :
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, Dept. of Pediatrics, Medical College Buitding, 1 st floor, Sion, Mumbai – 400 022.Te1.: 2407 6381 Ext. 253 (Tuesday or Friday 9.00 a.m. OPD No. 7)
- B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital and T.N. Medical College, Mumbai Central, Mumbai 400008. Tel.:23027659 (Monday – Friday 9.00 a.m. – 12 noon)
Documents to be taken along to the Hospital : 1) School Letter 2) One Passport Size photograph 3) Latest Mark Sheet.
After the medical report is obtained from the Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, Sion, the procedure to be followed with the Education Department will be intimated to the Parents bythe Principal.
The above learning disability is to be intimated to the principal as early as possible i.e. when the child is in Middle Section (Std. V-VII).
- The schoor Library fosters among the students the habit of reading by providing them with a well selected corection of books on a wide ran-ge of subiects of interest.
- Perfect silence and order must be maintained in the Library.
- Students shall handle the books carefully. Any damage done shall have to be made good.
- Only one book can be issued on appointed days.
- Students shall write card, but first of all they are requesred to ascertain whether they want is available or hot.
- No one shall keep the book with her for more than 14 days.
- A book may be issued for a further period of 14 days if there is no demand for it.
- Books lost shall have to be paid for.
- students sharr return the Library books and cards before the final examination. Those who do not return them will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
Prizes are awarded on the results of the First and Second semester Examinations and Tests. To obtain a prize a student must pass in allthe subjects of the semester examinations and tests.
General proficiency Price is awarded to the student who secures the hishest aggregate “Distinction” in classes IX and X.
(Distinction = 75% of total marks obtainable)
- Passing in all subjects, regular attendance, good conduct and application throughout the year are compulsory for any prize.
- Withdrawal from the School, exemption from subject absence from an examination or in any average or toal disqualifies a pupil for any prize.
- Prize winners failing to be present at the prize Distribution without grave reasons shall forfeit their prizes.
Prizes or Certificates are awarded to the winners of the various competitions held during the year.
Merit Cards and Tokens are awarded for diligence, effort, application, behaviour, outstanding performance in class.